Artspace acknowledges, recognizes and respects the fact that we work and create on the ancestral and traditional homeland of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Dakota, Dene, Métis and Oji-Cree Nations.
Artspace Inc – 100 Arthur St – Winnipeg Manitoba – R3B 1H3 – (204) 947-0984
Artspace is currently a by-appointment only building due to Covid-19
There is no reserved parking for Artspace patrons or employees. There are a number of paid lots within a block of the building. Examples of which are located in front of Bodegoes on Bannatyne, next to Chosabi on King St. (northbound one way), and next to The Kings Head on King St. (northbound one way)
Bus stops within a 2-Block radius include:
Main / McDermot
Eastbound (Stop 10623)- 17
King / McDermot
Princess / McDermot
William / King
Visit https://winnipegtransit.com/en/stops for more info on Winnipeg Transit
General Building Information
The main entrances at Arthur St. and King St. have automatic door push triggers. There are 9 to 10 steps from the entrance to the main lobby.
The West side entrance off King St. has a wheelchair lift to access the main lobby.
The building has a central elevator.
- A main building directory can be found on the right side of the lobby elevator.
- Artspace signage is either in English or by icon. Artspace does not have braille signage. Elevator buttons have lifted numbering.
There is a mix of gendered and non-gendered washrooms as well as multi-stalled and single stalled washrooms throughout the building. None of the washrooms in the building have automatic doors.
- The basement and main floor have gendered multi stall washrooms. Washrooms on both of these floors have wheelchair accessible stalls with handrails. These washrooms do not have automatic doors.
- The 2nd floor has two non-gendered washrooms. One washroom has 2 stalls with toilets, the other has one stall and one urinal. Both of these washrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls with handrails. These washrooms do not have automatic doors
- The 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th floors each have two private, locking, non-gendered washrooms. These washrooms do not have automatic doors or handrails.
Washrooms on all floors except for the main floor require keys to enter. Tenant organizations have keys to access all locked washrooms in the building. If you are visiting Artspace and need to arrange access to a washroom that is not on the floor you are visiting, email email@example.com to make arrangements. Any requests will remain confidential.
Contact tenant organizations directly for info on specific spaces (building directory here https://art-space.ca/artspace-building/tenants/ ) or follow the links below to find accessibility information from:
Platform Center for Photographic and Digital Arts http://platformgallery.org/contact/
Cinematheque’s box office is located in the Artspace lobby. There is ample space around the box office in the lobby and there are clear sightlines for people, with the counter coming up to 43” in height.
Access to the theatre is made through a single door to the left of the box office. The door measures 36” wide. Once inside, the theatre has a slightly-sloped ramp (52” wide) leading to the seats. There is one spot without a seat designated for wheelchairs/walkers/strollers, located immediately to the patron’s left when they reach the top of the ramp. There is ample space for access and mobility around and amongst rows of seats.
Cinematheque is equipped with closed-captioning services for our patrons with vision impairments. Not all of the films shown at Cinematheque have the closed-captioning feature, so interested guests are encouraged to contact us before they come down to the theatre. If closed-captioning is available, we have 4 sets of glasses that display the captions to the guest that are available for use upon request.
For additional questions, concerns or notes on this information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.