Come celebrate our 30th Anniversary! Get Lost in Artsp_ce while witnessing this iconic building uniquely come to life for the night.
On Thursday August 24th, from 8pm until late we are inviting everyone to come party in the heart of Winnipeg’s Exchange District. Explore the Artspace building from main floor to roof top, through galleries and beyond – and get Lost in Artsp_ce!
This summer soirée has something for every culture lover: cinéma, photography, music, written, and live art performances, all with local food and beverage pairings. Artists and creators are at the heart of all we do and we are thrilled to release our lineup of participating artists and pairings:
- Enjoy popcorn in Cinematheque while watching shorts by Winnipeg filmmakers Matthew Rankin, Leslie Supnet, Karen Asmundson, Gwen Trutnau, Curtis Wiebe, Trevor Kristjanson, and Alain Delannoy.
- Grab a pint from Little Brown Jug before taking in Dinka Pignon‘s video sculpture and then hear some of our most celebrated writers (Chadwick Ginther, Margaret Sweatman, and Jason Stefanik) read from their own work.
- Rock out in Winnipeg Film Group’s Black Lodge with Red Moon Road and Cash Grab.
- Dance the night away with Vinyl Salon in the main floor gallery or sneak up to the secret disco closet on the fourth floor.
- Create your own art while sipping a cocktail by Forth in the fourth floor lounge – made with local liquor by Capital K Distillery.
- Experience the sunset while Pat Lazo creates a rooftop mural.
- Enjoy food pairings by East India Company, King + Bannatyne, and Oh Doughnuts along your journey.
”We think it’s time to celebrate 30 years of Artspace and it’s incredible impact on the Exchange and the arts community,” said Artspace Board Chair Lynne Stefanchuk. “And what better way to mark this milestone than by showcasing the building and letting art emerge from all of its corners and corridors.”
Artspace creates space for arts and culture to flourish. Through low-cost facilities and subsidized administrative services, we support over 60 art organizations throughout Manitoba. We play a vital role in supporting the health of Manitoban arts and cultural organizations – a bold idea that has grown over three decades.
Tickets to Lost in Artsp_ce are $40 each and available online at art-space.ca/lost_in_artspace/ or pick them up at the Artspace office, Hut K, King + Bannatyne or Oh Doughnuts after July 5th.
Lost in Artsp_ce is presented by Johnston Group, and supported generously by Quantum Graphics, Hut_K, Travel Manitoba, AgerLittle Architects, Lights Unlimited, Western Paint, Winnipeg Folk Festival, Winnipeg Jazz Festival, urbanink, the Winnipeg Film Group, PLATFORM, Manitoba Writers Guild, Video Pool and all the arts organizations that claim Artspace as home.
Please visit our webpage for complete information: