The Artspace Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and provides general administrative support for the organization. Artspace has a small staff so the position requires identifying issues and taking on diverse tasks to better the overall work environment and operations of the organization. The position’s duties include but are not limited to:
• Reception – answering phones, returning email, accepting deliveries, fielding visitor inquiries.
• Membership services – ensuring the fixed member services (photocopier, postage machine and boardroom) are maintained.
• Membership communication – insuring the membership is regularly informed of pertinent information and remains current with their obligations (service fees, yearly membership fees, rent etc.)
• Support to the Executive Director– proofing and transcribing documents, research, compiling reports, mailings and submissions.
• Liaise with the Building Superintendent – as required, communicate with the building superintendent to facilitate building specific projects
• Website updating
• Other Tasks as required
• Strong familiarity with general computer programs – email, word processing, spreadsheets;
• The ability to work unsupervised and problem solve;
• Personable, professional, reliable; and
• Strong language skills – including ability to proof read
• Part-time term position
• Ten to Fifteen hours per week
– schedule to be determined between employee and employer
• $12-$15 per hour
• Artspace adheres to principles fostering a diverse workplace and encourages all interested people to apply
• Commencement is October 2019
Please send a resume and cover letter / video by October 4th 2019 to :