Artspace is responsible for keeping personal information confidential and applying it for the intended purposes. An appointed Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for Artspace’s compliance to this Policy.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify, distinguish or contact a specific individual. Personal information can include facts about, or related to, an individual, as well as an individual’s opinions or beliefs. Personal information does not include publicly available information such as names, addresses and telephone numbers or business contact information.
Personal Information Collection and Use
In carrying on the business of Artspace, personal information is collected about the individuals who participate in programs and/or to whom other services are provided (collectively, “clients”), about independent contractors, directors and volunteers, and about other people in the general community with whom Artspace interacts (collectively, “other constituents”). The privacy of all of these individuals is respected, which is why personal information is collected only for the following purposes:
- to identify clients and other constituents;
- to establish and maintain responsible relationships with clients and other constituents;
- to understand the needs, desires, concerns and opinions of clients and other constituents;
- to provide the services expected of an organization dedicated to the arts & cultural sector, allwith a view to advancing the goals of our Mission Statement: Creating Space for Arts and Culture to Flourish;
- to manage and develop Artspace’s business and operations; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Artspace collects information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. This includes through the completion of various forms and documents related to the business of Artspace, through discussions and exchanges of correspondence with various sources and through day-to-day observations of, or interactions with clients and other constituents.
Personal Information Disclosure
There are a variety of circumstances where Artspace may need to disclose some personal information about clients or other constituents. However, with the exception of those circumstances where disclosure is required or permitted by law, Artspace ensures that any disclosure of personal information is made on a “need to know” and on a confidential basis. Artspace also ensures that the information is used only for the purpose(s) for which it was disclosed.
Subject to the foregoing, Artspace may disclose an individual’s personal information:
- to independent contractors, directors or volunteers;
- to a third party who requires such information in order to assist in:
- providing programs and/or services to that individual;
- general administration and/or operations (which includes record keeping and fundraisingactivities);
- to a third party with whom Artspace is negotiating for the purpose of them taking oversome or all of Artspace’s programs, services and/or other activities; and
- to a federal, provincial or municipal department, corporation or agency for the purposeof evaluating success in the running of Artspace’s programs.
Artspace will not disclose an individual’s personal information to any third party for the purpose of enabling that third party to market its products and/or services to that individual.
Internet Related Policies
When one visits art-space.ca, personal information and email address are not recorded. Artspace uses standard web server log files to count visitors and evaluate its site’s technical capacity. This information is used to find out how many people visit the website to make the pages more useful to visitors, and to evaluate the site’s technical capacity.
Artspace does not send unsolicited email.
This policy discloses the privacy practices for Artspace’s website, however Artspace’s site contains links to other websites. Once one links to another site one is subject to the privacy and security policies of that website.
Artspace protects personal information by using safeguards that ensure specific individual information will not be made available to any unauthorized person. Artspace is committed to educating its employees about the laws surrounding individual rights to privacy. Artspace’s employees are up to date on its policies and procedures for protecting personal information under its control.
Personal information is kept as complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If one wishes to verify, correct or have personal information removed from Artspace’s database, one may contact Artspace in writing at the following address:
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer Artspace
425-100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1B3
or by e-mail: email@example.com